Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Yes, it's over

Please, could I know why the Times does not cover the fact that Mukasey is preventing the DC US Attorney from convening a grand jury to enforce the House subpoenas to Miers and Bolton to appear before an investigating committee? The Times no longer apparently believes in consitutional government. What an abyss we have fallen into. Who would have believed, before the 2000 election, that such a sea-change could occur in our once-beloved country? They do seem to be able to cover Elliott Spitzer's pecadilloes just fine, yet as far I can determine, there's no brouhaha over this total travesty of what our government means. These people behave with impunity because we the people, and our representatives, and our press, have given them total freedom to take over. There is literally no check (or balance) on this imperial executive.

I tremble for my country when I reflect that god is just. When were those words more apt?

I am stunned. Over and over again.

No comments: